The following patches were made using Rango Keshavan's AUD source (downloaded from LlaMA, shnid 29315). All editing done in CE Pro. Pitch and volume were matched as closely as possible, crossfades were used on all patches.
- Audience noise and tuning just before Loser; a few seconds of tuning from the SBD was deleted since it was just sitting there on its own.
- Patched tape flip in Crazy Fingers from 6:28 to 6:42.
- Patched tape flip from 6:25 of Drums to the very beginning of Wheel. AUD had flip at 6:39 of unknown length. Patch continues through space, 3 sec cross-fade begins just before beginning of Wheel, last of the fade invades < 1 sec of Wheel.
- Patched in end of Sugar Magnolia at 9:58.
- Patched in crowd noise and tuning at the beginning of Satisfaction, very quick cross-fade to SBD just before 1st note of song.
The transition between CDs 1 and 2 is now seamless. Since I had to edit so many files, I decided I might as well retrack them in CDWave and reencode them as FLAC. There's a jam at the end of Crazy Fingers that I thought was different enough to warrant its own track.
All of the 1st set and the encores were time/pitch stretched to 103% since these tunes were all about a semitone sharp. There was a bit of tape wow that made it hard to pin the exact pitch, so I made my best guess - it's still a little off, but definitely within tolerance.
Many thanks to David Hollister for the SBD source and to Rango Keshavan for the AUD patch source. Make sure to check it out on LlaMA, it's excellent!
Reviewer:fat man rocks
April 9, 2008 Subject:
This show changed my life!!!
Oh my God the memories that come rushing back. I did not attend the show but had this boot for years until it got pinched in college. Stanford shows always rock and this one fits the bill. Thank you for this show!!!